Best Travel Pillowby | Last Updated
I’m sure the majority of you feel the same way about traveling. It is super fun and exciting but exhausting at the same time.
The good news is that there are little tools we can use to make traveling (even long-distance) a bit more comfortable.
Today, I want to share with you my top 5 neck pillows. Let’s see which one turns out to be the best travel pillow and your loyal companion for any distance.
Best travel pillow
Top rated travel pillows:
- Soft Neck Support Trtl Pillow
- BCOZZY Chin Supporting Travel Pillow
- Travelmate Memory Foam Neck Pillow
- The Ultimate Travel Pillow by Travelrest
- Cabeau Evolution Memory Foam Travel Pillow
|Soft Neck Support Trtl Pillow||Fleece, foam, plastic support ribs||2.9 x 2.9 x 1.5 inches|| |
|BCOZZY Chin Supporting Travel Pillow||Fleece and suede fabrics, conjugated siliconized fiber||9.8 x 11 x 4.7 inches|| |
|Travelmate Memory Foam Neck Pillow||Velour, memory foam||11 x 12 x 3.8 inches|| |
|The Ultimate Travel Pillow by Travelrest||Velour, memory foam (in the head section)||2.2 x 4.8 x 10.8 inches|| |
|Cabeau Evolution Memory Foam Travel Pillow||Velour, memory foam||10 x 5 x 9.5 inches|| |
|J-Pillow||Polyester cover, polyester fiber filling||10.9 x 8.1 x 5.1 inches|| |
Soft Neck Support Trtl Pillow
The reason why this model can be called the best neck pillow for travel isn’t that the manufacturer claims that its effectiveness is scientifically proven. In my opinion, this pillow deserves to be on the list simply because it’s very comfortable.
Here’s what you need to know about it:
- It is able to hold your neck in an ergonomic position, allowing you to fall asleep and preventing your neck from stiffness and pain.
- It is very small and lightweight, which makes it perfect for any kind of transport.
- It is made of soft fleece and foam, which means it is stretchy and adjustable.
- The strengthening plastic ribs are hidden inside the fleece and provide extra support for the neck.
- This neck pillow is machine washable, which will make the after-travel cleaning process much easier.
Overall, I’m rather happy with this neck pillow. I think it is suitable for any kind of transportation and has a potential to become your most favorite, best neck pillow for travel.
Want to try it out? Click here to order!
BCOZZY Chin Supporting Travel Pillow
The manufacturer claims that it’s the world’s best travel pillow, and I feel like they have the right to do that. This neck pillow is super soft, comfortable, and adjustable.
Here are its main features:
- It can be used in different positions and you can control how tight it is around your neck.
- The Chin Support system prevents the head from falling forward.
- Comes in two sizes, for kids and adults.
- It is machine washable.
- The cover is made of fleece and suede fabrics.
- The filling is the conjugated siliconized fiber.
“Size is one of the most important factors. Your neck pillow should be small enough to allow you to freely carry it around. However, it has to be big enough to support your head and neck.”
To be honest, I enjoyed traveling and using this pillow. It is easy to adjust and provides great support. I feel like this neck pillow can become a great travel buddy for pretty much anyone.
Click here to get your own Chin Support Neck Pillow by BCOZZY!
Travelmate Memory Foam Neck Pillow
Here are some main characteristics:
- It has a classic U-shape, which can support your neck and head.
- The foam insert at the back is removable, which allows you to regulate the pillow’s thickness.
It is filled with memory foam, which provides firm support and a slight cushioning effect.
This pillow is a perfect model for people who prefer simple things. It offers decent support and can be considered as one the best pillows in this price category.
The Ultimate Travel Pillow by Travelrest
Another contestant for the honor to be called the best travel pillow for long-haul flights is this model by Travelrest. What makes this pillow perfect for long flights is the use options it provides.
Let’s take a closer look at it:
- This model is inflatable, which means you can easily carry it around and use in its full size only when needed.
- It is able to provide lateral support for the upper body, which can help you fall asleep and have some rest on the go.
- It does a great job supporting the neck properly and feels very comfortable, especially for side sleepers.
- You can twist it almost any way you want to, adjusting the pillow to your seat and position.
It is machine washable, which means you’ll have no trouble cleaning it.
To tell you the truth, I had no complaints when using this pillow. I repositioned it once or twice, found the best position, and fell asleep.
Want to try it out? Click here to order!
Cabeau Evolution Memory Foam Travel Pillow
The next product that can be surely called the best travel pillow is this memory foam model by Cabeau. It is soft and supportive at the same time, which makes it a great option for traveling.
Let’s look at its main features:
- This pillow is filled with high-quality memory foam, which is able to support the head and the neck properly.
- For an additional chin support, you can rotate the pillow in 360° and rest your chin on it, preventing your head from falling forward.
- It features the media pocket for your cell phone or MP3 player.
The pillow’s cover is removable and machine washable, for an easier after-travel cleaning.
In general, I had a great time traveling and using this pillow. It felt soft, it supported my head and neck perfectly, and it didn’t let my head fall forward. I think this is an excellent option not only for travelers but also for people who want to relax at home and provide some additional support for their neck.
Are you ready to order? Click here!
J-Pillow Travel Pillow
“It’s important to remember that regular washing is necessary. So, it’s better to pick a machine-washable neck pillow, which will make the cleaning process easier for you.”
Here’s what you need to know about this pillow:
- It has a unique J-shape, which allows it to support different parts of your body at the same time.
- Its cover is polyester, which is super soft and reminds of velvet fabric.
The filling is polyester fiber, which means this pillow is fully washable.
I can surely say that this pillow is a must-have for traveling. It is soft, comfortable, and supportive. And I’m certain that it can become your best travel buddy.
Want to see for yourself? Click here to order!
When trying to find the best travel pillow, you shouldn’t rely only on its high price and popularity among other travelers. Here are the most important factors I took into consideration when reviewing these neck pillows:
- size and thickness;
- and cleaning options.
How to Sleep Better When Traveling
Even if you use the world’s best travel pillow, sometimes it’s not enough. In order to be able to sleep on the go, there are some other things you can do. Here’s how you can make yourself more comfortable, fall asleep easier, and sleep longer:
- Drink enough water. Staying hydrated directly affects your sleep.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothes. An airport isn’t a fashion podium and you don’t have to wear a suit or high heels. Wearing something comfortable will help you sleep better.
- Reduce the stimuli. Turn off your phone or laptop and get those screens away from your face. Wear a sleep mask to eliminate the light. And a pair of good earplugs will block the irritating sounds, allowing you to have a restful sleep.
- Don’t eat too much. Feeling heaviness in the stomach won’t let you fall asleep easily and might ruin your whole flight.
I must say, trying to pick the best travel pillow made me experience many peaceful hours on the plane. But the one that made me feel the most comfortable was the Cabeau Evolution Memory Foam Travel Pillow. It fits my neck and head perfectly and feels like a real pillow. It managed to keep my head and neck straight and even supported my chin. I think this pillow can improve any travel experience.
Which pillow would you take on your next trip? Share your opinion in the comments!
Product links on Happysleepyhead are referral. We get a commission on purchases made through our links. More information in my disclosures.